Lawrenceville Personal Injury Attorneys Seek Payment for Victims
Accident lawyers in Gwinnett County fight for proper compensation
An injury that results from someone else’s carelessness or willful act puts you in a difficult situation. Along with health challenges, you might also be dealing with financial pressure and defendants who refuse to acknowledge their legal responsibility. At Margaret Gettle Washburn, P.C. in Lawrenceville, we stand up for northeast Georgia victims who are going up against liable parties, their lawyers and insurance companies. Led by Margaret Gettle Washburn, an accomplished attorney with over 35 years of experience, our firm has achieved positive results, both in settlements and verdicts, for clients in numerous personal injury and wrongful death actions. We are here to fight aggressively on your behalf so you can collect the compensation that you deserve for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and more.
Firm litigates auto accident cases and other types of personal injury claims
Our firm represents northeast Georgia victims in a wide array of personal injury cases, including claims involving:
- Car crashes — Whether you’re driving on a busy highway or the street where you live, a car crash can change your life in a split second. Under Georgia’s fault-based auto insurance system, you need a lawyer who can analyze physical evidence and collect witness statements in order to prove who was liable for the collision.
- Slip and fall incidents — Property owners have a legal duty to mark or clear hazards that could cause injury to a guest. If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall incident while on someone else’s premises, our firm will press for appropriate legal relief.
- Wrongful death — When negligence or intentional misconduct is fatal, we offer compassionate, effective counsel so that surviving loved ones can obtain some compensation for the financial and personal losses they’ve experienced. Damages can include reimbursement for funeral expenses and income the victim would have earned throughout their lifetime.
- Pedestrian injuries — The impact from a motor vehicle can be devastating for a pedestrian who is struck while walking or crossing the street. In pedestrian accident cases, our firm has the capability to deliver a sound case regarding the short- and long-term effects of the accident on the victim.
- Truck accidents — Collisions involving commercial vehicles not only have the potential to cause serious injuries, but might make achieving justice more complicated. You can count on us to investigate the facts thoroughly and take action against all liable defendants, including trucking companies and parts manufacturers when warranted.
In every case, our aggressive litigators are committed to pursuing the highest compensation possible for the plaintiffs we serve.
Common accident injuries
Someone else’s negligence could result in a catastrophic injury that changes your life forever. Even if you are expected to recover physically, the effects of your injury could be a burden for months or years. We are determined to secure the full amount for clients dealing with medical conditions such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head and neck injuries
- Concussions and other types of brain damage
- Paralysis and other spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Fractured and broken bones
- Lacerations, cuts and bruises
Regardless of your specific injuries, our firm has the skill, experience and network of medical experts to present compelling arguments during settlement negotiations and in court.
Skilled advocates deal with insurance companies
A serious accident can change your life, but the insurance company responsible for compensating you is typically only focused on minimizing their payout. Often, a carrier will try to take advantage of a victim’s financial situation to push them toward an inadequate settlement. This is why it is critical to have an experienced attorney on your side who knows how to counter their tactics. We will give you honest advice about the type of compensation you should expect and protect you against bullying from insurers.
Damages you can recover through a personal injury lawsuit
Medical bills and other expenses can mount quickly after an injury, and the faster you seek relief from the liable party, the faster you can collect the payment you deserve. Georgia law authorizes special damages to compensate plaintiffs for the measurable expenses stemming from a tortious act. This category of damages includes reimbursement for medical expenses, rehabilitation costs and the income lost while the victim missed work due to their condition. You can also pursue general damages, which address types of harm that aren’t linked to a specific amount of money, such as the pain and suffering you endured and the loss of enjoyment in your life resulting from the incident.
Contact an aggressive Georgia personal injury lawyer to discuss your case
Margaret Gettle Washburn, P.C. litigates personal injury and wrongful death cases on behalf of Georgia clients so that they can collect compensation from negligent parties. Please call or contact us online to schedule a consultation regarding your legal options. Our office is in Lawrenceville.