Experienced Attorneys in Lawrenceville
Established Lawrenceville law firm serving the Atlanta Metro area
At the law office of Margaret Gettle Washburn, P.C., we provide high-quality legal counsel and representation that is focused on our clients and their needs. Led by founding attorney Margaret Gettle Washburn, our attorneys and legal staff put their extensive experience to work in pursuit of positive results for our clients in a wide variety of legal matters. Whether your legal challenge involves family law, a personal injury claim, criminal defense, estate planning, probate or a legal appeal, we have the knowledge and determination to guide you toward a favorable outcome. Our Lawrenceville firm has been serving Gwinnett County and the rest of the Atlanta Metro area, as well other parts of northeast Georgia since 1999.
Gwinnett County attorneys with a reputation for delivering strong results
The quality of your legal counsel can greatly influence the outcome of your case — whether you are facing a divorce, criminal charges, a lawsuit or any other legal concern. You can rely on us for the highest levels of advice, advocacy and service because we are:
- Respected— With a long track record of successful results, our firm has won the respect of clients and colleagues. Margaret Gettle Washburn has earned an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of her legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with her work.
- Accomplished— Our attorneys are established trial advocates and skillful negotiators who provide informed assessments about potential outcomes. It does not matter if you require a tough courtroom litigator or knowledgeable counsel regarding your estate, we have the ability and determination to put you in the best possible position.
- Dedicated— As proud members of the northeast Georgia community, we aim to serve as trusted counselors for our neighbors. Regardless of the practice area, we make sure to assess the potential long-term consequences associated with each legal option.
Legal issues are about more than statutes, precedent and evidence. From start to finish, we are committed to easing your emotional burden and meeting the needs of you and your family. To help make things easier, our firm offers flexible scheduling and our attorneys always work personally with clients.
What Our Clients Say
Margaret and her staff always made me feel comfortable and like I was part of their family. Margaret is responsive; she follows up and follows through!
Amazing Guidance And Efficiency
If you need honesty met with efficiency in an attorney then Margaret Washburn is who you need to call. She’s a slam dunk.
Duluth Municipal Court Associate Judges
The Duluth Municipal Court adjudicates cases arising out of alleged violations of local ordinances and certain state laws. The court is headed by Chief Judge and Court Administrator Charles L. Barrett III and assisted by court staff. Municipal courts are the largest class of courts in the state of Georgia, managing almost a million cases annually.
Duluth Municipal Court Associate Judges
The Duluth City Council voted recently to reappoint Judge Margaret Washburn, Judge Chung Lee and Judge Claude Mason to serve as Duluth Municipal Court Associate Judges for 2017-2018.
We handle family law, personal injury, criminal defense, workers’ compensation, estate and appellate matters
- Family law— We offer comprehensive family law counsel for clients who are going through a divorce, looking to work out a parenting plan or require assistance with a case in the juvenile justice system.
- Criminal defense— Drawing on her experience as a prosecutor, Margaret Gettle Washburn and her criminal defense team battle to protect the fundamental rights of Georgians charged with felonies, misdemeanors and traffic offenses.
- Personal injury— If you have suffered an injury because someone else failed to take proper care, we help you file a personal injury claim and aggressively pursue compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages and other damages stemming from the incident. Whether you were hurt in a car accident, a fall on poorly maintained property or another way, our firm strives to hold defendants accountable for their negligence.
- Civil and criminal appeals— Our background in appellate law helps clients challenge legal errors that negatively affected their civil or criminal trial.
- Estate planning— By drafting sound wills, trusts and power of attorney documents, we can develop a comprehensive estate planning strategy tailored to your situation and goals.
- Probate litigation— Regardless of how complex the issues are, we guide clients through the process of settling an estate and represent them in probate litigation if a dispute occurs.
- Workers’ compensation– It can be extremely difficult to cope with the aftermath of a sudden workplace accident or occupational illness. We are proud to help people with workers’ compensation who have been injured on the job obtain the medical care and financial security they deserve.
When you need a skilled and dependable attorney in Gwinnett, Jackson or Barrow counties, we are proud to serve you.
Meet Our Attorneys
Se habla español
Everyone has the right to capable legal counsel regardless of where you were born or what language you speak. Our team represents Spanish speakers throughout northeast Georgia and makes the effort to make every client as comfortable as possible.
Margaret Gettle Washburn, P.C. is a full-service law firm representing clients in Gwinnett County and the surrounding region in numerous legal practice areas. For a consultation regarding your particular issue, please call 770-637-8695 or contact us online. Our office is in Lawrenceville.
Schedule A Confidential Consultation.
To discuss your legal needs with a member of our team, please call 770-637-8695 or complete our online contact form. We provide confidential legal consultations at our law office in Lawrenceville, and we are available to make jail, hospital and home visits at the convenience of potential clients.
4799 Sugarloaf Pkwy
Lawrenceville, GA 30044
Lawrenceville Law Office Map