Experienced. Efficient. Effective.

  1. Home
  2.  » Juvenile Court/Dependency

Navigating Juvenile Court And Dependency Problems

At Margaret Gettle Washburn, P.C., in Lawrenceville, we offer children, their parents and third parties the skilled and dedicated legal counsel they need regarding juvenile delinquency, dependency and termination of parental rights.

Our lead attorney, Margaret Gettle Washburn, has practiced law for over 35 years. She is a trained guardian ad litem, and she represents children’s interests in disputed domestic law cases. Our team has an in-depth understanding of the juvenile code of Georgia. We use this knowledge to the advantage of our clients.

If you need help with a juvenile court or dependency issue, contact us right away. Call our office at 770-637-8695.

Protect Your Rights And Those Of Your Children Or Grandchildren

We have handled a wide range of cases over several decades, and we are prepared to help you address sensitive legal issues involving children, including:

  • Dependency. When a child may be deprived of basic needs, abused or neglected, any adult can file a dependency complaint with the Division of Family and Children Services or a juvenile court.
  • Termination of parental rights. We represent parents who must defend their parental rights as well as grandparents and other third parties who are concerned about the well-being of children, or need to terminate parental rights for the purposes of adoption.
  • Delinquency. Under the juvenile code of Georgia, children are entitled to be represented by an attorney when they face juvenile court. Our experienced criminal defense lawyers represent juveniles.
  • Children in need of services. In these cases, children are accused of “unruly” behavior such as skipping school, running away or violating curfew. We provide skilled legal counsel to those involved in CHINS cases.

Our experienced lawyers have comprehensive knowledge of the rights of minors and parents in Georgia. Through offering experienced counsel, we aim to help families and children find stability and success.

Find A Loyal Advocate For You And Your Child

If you are involved in a dependency or juvenile court matter, please call 770-637-8695 or fill out this form to discuss your legal needs privately with a lawyer at our firm.

Schedule A Confidential Consultation.

Office Location